Beijing, 30 April 2020: The China Council for International Cooperation on Environment and Development (CCICED) held its quarterly Chief Advisor-Secretariat Joint Meeting to update the research progress of its ten ongoing Special Policy Studies (SPS) projects and to solicit inputs from members and special advisors on the proposed policy recommendations to China’s 14th Five-Year Plan. The meeting was held virtually and attended by nearly 200 participants.
In the capacity of Council Member of the CCICED, WBCSD President & CEO Peter Bakker attended the meeting and provided his insights on policy recommendations for China’s 14th Five-Year Plan. In his speech, he first noted the business priorities amid the COVID-19 pandemic, including ensuring the safety and health of employees and customers and getting those who lose their jobs back into the economy. He also emphasized the need for returning to a new normal business recovery plans and economic stimulus packages, and the need to press hard to create a more sustainable world which includes improved risk awareness and resilience in our supply chains, operations and business models. He further shared domestic and international opportunities for China to emphasize sustainability in its economic stimulus package and to lead in the transformation to a better post COVID-19 world.
Bakker finished his speech by focusing on sustainable development to build better and more shock-resilient economies.
Peter Bakker: “I applaud the Chinese government for the new focus on ecological conservation redlines of their 14th Five-Year Plan. As for the economic stimulus package, the focus needs to be on green industries and infrastructure. During the resumption of China’s economic activity, more efficient and less polluting companies should be prioritized, special support mechanisms should be provided to SMEs, and labor-intense green investments such as tree planting and restoration should be considered.”
Having attended the recent Belt and Road Initiative International Green Development Coalition (BRIGC) Coordination Meeting on 1 April 2020, he also noted that “the Belt and Road Initiative is a key pathway to export this type of economic investments outside of China.”
Other remarks came from CCICED members and advisors such as Naoko Ishii, CEO and Chair, Global Environment Facility, Gwen Ruta, Executive Vice President, Environmental Defense Fund, Rodolfo Lacy, Director for the Environment Directorate, Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, and Kathleen McLaughlin, Chief Sustainability Officer and President, Walmart Foundation.
At the end of the meeting, the Chief Advisors announced that after collecting all inputs, they will formulate draft policy recommendations in the next few weeks.
The China Council for International Cooperation on Environment and Development (CCICED) was founded by the Government of China in 1992 as a high-level international advisory body. It plays a unique role in championing sustainable development in China by opening the door to international experience and building a bridge between China and the international community on environment and development. Peter Bakker is currently Council Member of CCICED.
讨论环节发言人员名单 Leading Discussants List
- 贝德凯 Mr Peter Bakker 国合会委员，世界可持续发展工商理事会会长Council Member, President, World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- 石井菜穗子（女）Ms Naoko Ishii 国合会委员，全球环境基金首席执行官兼主席Council Member, CEO and Chair, Global Environment Facility
- 茹冠洁（女）Ms Gwen Ruta 国合会委员，美国环保协会执行副总裁Council Member, Executive Vice President, Environmental Defense Fund
- 范必 Mr Fan Bi 国合会特邀顾问，专题政策研究项目组长，中国国际经济交流中心特邀研究员Special Advisor, SPS Team Leader, Invited Research Fellow, China Center for International Economic Exchanges
- 莱西 Mr Rodolfo Lacy 国合会委员，经济合作与发展组织环境总司司长Council Member, Director for the Environment Directorate, Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development
- 杨敏德 Ms Marjorie Yang 国合会委员，“绿色价值链”专题政策研究组组长，溢达集团董事长 Council Member, SPS 4-2 Global Green Value Supply Chain, Team Leader; Chairman of Esquel Group
- 韩佩东（女）Ms Kate Hampton 国合会委员，专题政策研究项目组长，英国儿童投资基金会首席执行官 Council Member, CEO, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation; SPS 1-1 Climate, Team Leader
- 麦克劳克林（女) Ms Kathleen McLaughlin 国合会委员，“创新与可持续生产和消费”课题组长，沃尔玛基金会主席，沃尔玛公司高级副总裁兼首席可持续发展官 Council Member, Task Force 3 Leader, Chief Sustainability Officer and President, Walmart Foundation
- 费翰思 Mr Hans Friederich 国合会委员，国际竹藤组织前总干事 Council Member, Former Director General, International Network for Bamboo and Rattan
- 邹骥 Mr Zou Ji 国合会特邀顾问，专题政策研究项目组长，能源基金会首席执行官兼中国区总裁 Special Advisor, SPS 1-1 Climate, Team Leader, President of the Energy Foundation China, Haishan Zhao-CCICED Secretariat对所有人说： 08:34 PM
- 莫马斯 Mr Hans Mommaas 国合会特邀顾问，荷兰环境评估委员会主席 Special Advisor, Director-General, PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency
- 巴布纳 Mr Manish Bapna 国合会特邀顾问、“绿色价值链”专题政策研究项目组长，世界资源研究所全球执行副主席兼常务董事 Special Advisor, SPS 4-2 GVC Team Lead， Executive Vice President and Managing Director, World Resources Institute
- 龙迪 Mr Dimitri de Boer 国合会特邀顾问、克莱恩斯欧洲环保协会（英国）北京代表处首席代表、首席顾问团队 Special Advisor, China Country Director, ClientEarth
- 科恩（女）Ms Galit Cohen 国合会特邀顾问、以色列环境部可持续发展高级副司长 Special Advisor, Deputy Director General for Policy and Planning, Ministry of Environmental Protection of the State of Israel
- 张永生 Mr Zhang Yongsheng 国合会特邀顾问，“区域协同发展与绿色城镇化战略路径”专题政策研究项目组长，中国社会科学院城市发展与环境研究所研究员 Special Advisor, SPS 2-1 Urbanization, Team Leader, Research Fellow, Institute for Urban and Environmental Studies, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences
- 郝博霖 Mr Balázs Horváth 联合国开发计划署驻华代表处亚太区高级经济顾问，“一带一路”战略顾问 RBAP Senior Economic and Strategic Advisor on Belt and Road Initiative, UNDP
- 沃尔夫冈·赛德尔 Mr Wolfgang Seidel 德国联邦环保署，代表国合会委员、德国联邦环境署署长梅森纳发言 German Federal Environment Agency，Speaking on behalf of Mr. Dirk Messner, Council Member, Director of German Federal Environment Agency
- 王毅 Mr Wang Yi “全球气候治理与中国贡献”专题政策研究组组长，中科院科技战略咨询研究院副院长 SPS 1-1 Climate Team Leader, Vice-President of the Institutes of Science and Development, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- 史育龙 Mr Shi Yulong “绿色‘一带一路’与2030年可持续发展议程”专题政策研究组组长，中国城市和小城镇改革发展中心主任 SPS 4-1 Green BRI, Team Leader; President, China Center for Urban Development, National Development and Reform Commission;
- 张承惠（女) Ms Zhang Chenghui “绿色金融”专题政策研究组组长，北京腾景大数据科技应用研究院高级金融专家、国务院发展研究中心金融所原所长 SPS 4-3 Green Finance Team Leader, Research Fellow at DRC
- 张俊杰 Mr Zhang Junjie “绿色金融”专题政策研究组组长，昆山杜克大学环境研究中心主任 SPS 4-3 Green Finance Team Leader, Director, the Environmental Research Center at Duke Kunshan University
- WBCSD President & CEO Peter Bakker addresses the First 2020 BRIGC Coordination Meeting, amid the COVID-19 pandemic
- WBCSD in China to promote business leadership and sustainable development
- China BCSD celebrates the 15th edition of its annual conference on business and sustainable development
- WBCSD roadshow in China focuses on public-private partnerships delivering solutions in line with the Sustainable Development Goals
- Contact: Wei Dong Zhou