Berlin, 8 December 2020: Central aspects of the video are climate protection and the decarbonization of the economy as well as the responsibility of companies along their value chains. In addition, the importance of cross-sector dialogue and collaboration is emphasized in connection with the development of solutions contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals in Germany and beyond.
The video contains statements from:
- Werner Baumann - CEO of Bayer AG
- Dr. Martin Brudermüller - Chairman of the Board of Executive Directors and CTO of BASF SE
- Saskia Bruysten - Co-Founder and CEO Yunus social business
- David Bryson - COO of Uniper SE
- Prof. Dr. h.c. Cornelia Füllkrug-Weitzel - President of Bread for the World
- Hubertus Heil - Federal Minister of Labor and Social Affairs
- Dr. Werner Hoyer - President of the European Investment Bank (EIB)
- Bjorn Jensen - Managing Director Coca Cola Germany
- Renata Jungo Brüngger - Member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG for Integrity and Legal Affairs
- Volker Krug - CEO of Deloitte Germany
- Christoph Kübel - Managing Director and Labor Director of Robert Bosch GmbH
- Prof. Dr. Mojib Latif - Head of the Research Unit: Maritime Meteorology at GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel
- Dr. Frank Mastiaux - CEO of EnBW Energie Baden-Württemberg AG
- Prof. Dr. Dirk Messner - President of the Federal Environment Agency (UBA)
- Corinna Schittenhelm - Chief Human Resources Officer and Labor Director of Schaeffler AG
- Dr. Rolf Martin Schmitz - CEO of RWE AG
econsense is a network of internationally operating companies with a common goal: they want to actively shape the change to a more sustainable economy and society. Econsense supports its members in anchoring sustainability in operational practice, in strategy or along the supply chain. It tracks and analyzes all relevant issues: from environmental protection to human rights - always with a focus on the business case for sustainability. In exchange with business, politics and civil society, econsense proactively address sustainability challenges and advocates frameworks and policies that enable business’ innovation and competitiveness. This makes econsense a valued thought leader, advisor and partner in matters of sustainability.
Econsense is a partner of WBCSD’s Global Network, an alliance of more than 60 CEO-led business organizations worldwide. The Network, encompassing some 5,000 companies, is united by a shared commitment to provide business leadership for sustainable development in their respective countries and regions.
econsense – Forum for Sustainable Development of German Business e.V.