Dr. María Mendiluce has over 20 years’ experience in sustainable development, energy and climate action. She sits in the Senior Management Team of WBCSD, guiding over 200 member companies on transformative climate policy, energy transition, plastic waste and urban mobility. Prior to working at WBCSD, María held roles at the Economic Bureau of the Spanish Prime Minister, the CEO office of Iberdrola and the International Energy Agency (Paris). María has a PhD in energy economics and regularly teaches at different universities and publishes in academic journals and media.
• Board member at the Centre for International Environmental Studies (CIES) of the Graduate Institute in Geneva, a leading institution on environmental research.
• Chair of the Independent Panel of Experts on Sustainable Development of Abengoa, a Spanish multinational corporation (2012-2016).
• Contributing to the establishment of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste, which pledges USD $1.5 billion to address plastic leakage to the environment.
• Launching the Transforming Urban Mobility project to drive the transport value chain to a clean, safe, efficient mobility for all.
• Creating Factor10, WBCSD’s circular economy program.
• Creating the Low Carbon Technology Partnerships initiative (LCTPi), one of the flagship business projects that led to the success of COP21 in Paris.
• Driving the work behind WBCSD’s Leading Women Awards to achieve greater representation of women in leadership roles.
• Coordinated the first Spanish Strategy for Sustainable Development (2007).
Some of these cookies are essential, while others help us improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.