Business Environment Council Limited (“BEC”) is an independent, charitable membership organization, established by the business sector in Hong Kong. Since its establishment in 1992, BEC has been at the forefront of promoting environmental excellence by advocating the uptake of clean technologies and practices which reduce waste, conserve resources, prevent pollution and improve corporate environmental and social responsibility.
BEC offers sustainable solutions and professional services covering advisory, research, assessment, training and award programs for government, business and the community, thus enabling environmental protection and contributing to the transition to a low carbon economy.
That Hong Kong’s businesses will be recognized as leaders in practising and enabling sustainable development, and in contributing to the transition to a low carbon economy.
To advocate environmental protection amongst our members and the broader community, the uptake of clean technologies and practices, which reduce waste, conserve resources, prevent pollution, and improve the environment.
BEC’s Core Focus Areas
• Environmental advocacy - to be associated with like-minded companies with core values that promote excellence in environmental, social, and governance issues.
To more structurally address major environmental related issues of Hong Kong and contribute to the improvement in environmental performance of businesses, BEC establishes different Advisory Groups:
1. BEC Climate Change Business Forum Advisory Group
2. BEC Circular Economy Advisory Group
3. BEC Sustainable Living Environment Advisory Group
• Policy contribution - opportunities to participate actively in consultations and focus group discussions that shape the Government policy agenda for sustainability and competitiveness of Hong Kong.
• Knowledge transfer - access to best practices and emerging trends in ESG from business leaders and visionaries via our networking conferences and events.
• Stakeholder connection - connection to like-minded organizations in the industry for collaboration, benchmarking, and idea exchange through formal and social events, as well as member-driven committees.