Geneva, 15 December: The Redefining Value (RV) program aims to deliver the concepts of True Value, True Cost and True Profit which are part of WBCSD’s Vision 2050 economic pathway, and to improve both the effectiveness and efficiency of non-financial reporting. The RV Board provides strategic guidance and direction to the work of the Redefining Value program.
Stora Enso is a leading provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden constructions and paper on global markets. Their customers include publishers, retailers, brand owners, print and board producers, printing houses, merchants, converters and joineries and construction companies.
Stora Enso is a long-term supporter of WBCSD, being a member for 21 years.
Noel Morrin declared “I am happy to join the Redefining Value Board to support its work in defining consistent and credible sustainability reporting. The Redefining Value program is uniquely positioned to help achieve improved materiality assessment, data assurance methodologies and address the concept of True Value, True Cost and True Profit. Stora Enso has a strong reporting history and I look forward using our experience to help provide strategic guidance to the program.”
Dr. Rodney Irwin, Managing Director Redefining Value & Education at WBCSD commented “We are delighted to welcome Noel Morrin and Stora Enso to the Redefining Value Board. This is an exciting time for the Redefining Value program as we start work to scale up our work under the Gordon and Betty Moore Conservation and Financial Markets Initiative. We will be doing a significant amount of work on integrate sustainability risks into risk management frameworks and the assurance of non-financial information.”
Mr Morrin joins RV board members:
- Marie-Claire Deveu, Chief Sustainability Officer and Head of International Institutional Affairs at Kering;
- Graeme Pitkethly, Chief Financial Officer at Unilever;
- Magdi Batato, Executive Vice President, Nestlé S.A., and Head of Operations,
- Masaya Futamiya, Chief Executive Officer and President of Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance Inc,
- Mukund Rajan, Group Executive Council at Tata Sons,
- Aileen Lee, Chief Program Officer at the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation;
- Karim Hajjar, Chief Financial Officer of Solvay SA; and
- Mauricio Gutierrez, President and CEO of NRG.
Find out more about the Redefining Value program.