John C. T. Huang
Wayne W. Wu
The BCSD Taiwan is a non-profit business organisation consisting of more than fifty leading companies from around ten sectors. The BCSD Taiwan joined the Global Network of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) shortly after it was established in 1997. The mission of BCSD Taiwan is to play a leading role and to become an influential business voice in Taiwan in the field of corporate sustainability. The main issues that BCSD Taiwan has been addressing in recent years are Energy & Climate, CSR, Reporting, Ecosystem Services, and SRI.
Mr. John C. T. Huang, the owner of several corporations in a broad range of industries, was elected Chairman of the Council on June 30, 2015. And also, he is currently the Chairman of Importers and Exporters Association of Taipei, the most influential import and export organization in Taiwan.
Focus Area/ Activities :
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- GHG inventory, reduction and reporting
- Introduce GHG protocol to Taiwanese Companies.
- Since 2007, BCSD-Taiwan has started to promote Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) which works with shareholders and corporations to disclose the greenhouse gas emissions of major corporations.
- Since 2012, BCSD-Taiwan has become the official partner with CDP.
- Non-financial information reporting
- Introduce the GRI G3/G3.1, Traditional Chinese version of GRI G4 in 2014, and Traditional Chinese version of GRI Standard will be launched in 2017.
- Since 2013, BCSD-Taiwan has built a long-term relationship with GRI China Regional Hub.
- Since 2014, BCSD-Taiwan has become the GRI Data Partner.
- Introduce the Traditional Chinese version of the <IR> Framework in 2015.
- Co-working with TWSE and GRI to publish Non-Financial Reporting Survey in Taiwan 2015 in 2016.
- Taiwan vision 2050
- Financial sector and sustainable development
- Consultant service for corporate sustainability strategy
- Capacity building: Tomorrow Leader Sustainability College
- since 2005, BCSD-Taiwan launched a member training program “Tomorrow Leader Sustainability College” which includes five core courses Eco-efficiency, CSR, Energy & Climate, Sustainability reporting and GHG inventory.
- Movement One - Lighting Up Our Community Together
- This community investment program contains five main activities, promotion of community art and cultural groups, conduct lectures in the community, community building energy-saving recommendations, sponsor community volunteer service teams and support youth volunteer service projects.
- Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Forum (TCSF)
- Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Forum (TCSF) was launched in October 2008 as a learning-by-sharing initiative with more than 20 initial founding partner companies. The main objectives of TCSF are to provide a platform for learning-by-sharing of best practices in the area of corporate social responsibility (CSR) and sustainable development, to enhance capacity for CSR innovation, and to achieve sustainability through sectoral and cross-sectoral business collaboration.
- Taiwan Energy-saving Patrol Team / Taiwan Energy-saving Patrol Alliance
- Help organizations to enhance their energy efficiency in business and production processes, to achieve Patrol Team’s core objectives of reducing carbon emissions and helping to alleviate global warming