This is the first associated technical paper for the report “The role of Nature-based Solutions in strategies for Net Zero, Nature Positive and addressing Inequality”.
Its objective is to break down how NCS can contribute to different aspects of a company’s journey to Net Zero, from actions within land sector value chains (including insetting) to high-ambition Beyond Value Chain Mitigation and carbon removals for “neutralizing” residual emissions near or at the Net Zero target year. Importantly, using high-quality NCS approaches will contribute to nature-positive and addressing inequality, delivering “core” benefits alongside climate mitigation.
Readers can navigate to the associated elements of this report series using the links below:
- Overarching report: The role of Nature-based Solutions in strategies for Net Zero, Nature Positive and addressing Inequality
- Technical paper 1: The role of NCS in Net Zero action (this paper)
- Technical paper 2: Insetting and using NCS to move toward Net Zero
- Technical paper 3: Carbon standards for NCS credits
- Technical paper 4: Natural Climate Solutions and “core benefits”