This is the fourth associated technical paper for the report “Nature-based Solutions in strategies for Net Zero, Nature Positive and addressing Inequality.”
Its objective is to position the benefits from NCS activities (including climate mitigation) as “core” to the value of NCS, indicate the role of carbon crediting standards in verifying core benefits, present a preliminary checklist for use alongside existing due diligence and assurance mechanisms and share reference material in the form of high-level factsheets on key standards.
Readers can navigate to the associated elements of this report series using the links below:
- Overarching report: The role of Nature-based Solutions in strategies for Net Zero, Nature Positive and addressing Inequality
- Technical paper 1: The role of NCS in Net Zero action
- Technical paper 2: Insetting and using NCS to move toward Net Zero
- Technical paper 3: Carbon standards for NCS credits
- Technical paper 4: Natural Climate Solutions and “core benefits” (this paper)