This is the third associated technical paper for the report “Nature-based Solutions in strategies for Net Zero, Nature Positive and addressing Inequality”.
Its objective is to outline the role of Natural Climate Solutions (NCS) carbon credits and the organizations (“standards”) that certify them, present the criteria commonly used to assess their integrity and provide high-level information on specific standards in the form of factsheets. Standards are a vital tool in selecting high integrity NCS, and understanding them is critical as companies consider using NCS credits.
Readers can navigate to the associated elements of this report series using the links below:
- Overarching report: The role of Nature-based Solutions in strategies for Net Zero, Nature Positive and addressing Inequality
- Technical paper 1: The role of NCS in Net Zero action
- Technical paper 2: Insetting and using NCS to move toward Net Zero
- Technical paper 3: Carbon standards for NCS credits (this paper)
- Technical paper 4: Natural Climate Solutions and “core benefits”