"Buy, Sell, Trade!" game, developed by WBCSD and IUCN, 2008. This game is an interactive role-playing exercise that demonstrates the multiple benefits of preserving ecosystems for the services that they provide. Anyone can play the game, from all parts of society, from different positions, etc. It can be played between 2½ and 5 hours. Available in English, it contains trainer notes, handouts and a PPT presentation.
Connecting the Dots, developed by WBCSD, 2009. This comprehensive PowerPoint pack outlines the nexus between business and ecosystems. It is structured in modules, which can be used independently or together. Delivering all modules is expected to take around 3.5 hours. The modules include:
- Elevator speech: Getting hooked (10 minutes);
- Definitions and concepts: Setting the scene (30 minutes);
- Status and supply: Urgency for action (30 minutes);
- Drivers and causes of change: Cause and effect (20 minutes);
- Consequences of degradation: Impacts (30 minutes, if examples are incorporated);
- Responses: Ways forward (90 minutes).
Available in English, the PPT includes some learning exercises. The Business Ecosystems Training (BET) in 2012 will ultimately replace this PPT pack.