The new members will each serve on the Executive Committee for a term of two years, from 1 January 2017. They are:
• Andreas Fibig, Chairman and CEO, International Flavors and Fragrances Inc.
• Daniel Pinto, CEO, J.P. Morgan’s Corporate and Investment Bank
• Pravin Rao, Chief Operating Officer and Member of the Board, Infosys
• Svein Tore Holsether, President and CEO, Yara
• Magdi Batato, Executive Vice President Operations, Nestlé S.A.
• Harry Brekelmans, Projects and Technology Director, Royal Dutch Shell
• Remi Eriksen, Group President and CEO, DNV GL Group
Paul Polman, Chairman of the WBCSD and CEO Unilever, said: “It gives me great pleasure to welcome seven new colleagues to the WBCSD Executive Committee. Andreas, Daniel, Harry, Magdi, Pravin, Remi and Svein bring significant distinguished international business experience to the mission, vision and strategy of WBCSD. Collectively they share a strong commitment to sustainability and to the belief that business must work together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world as quickly as possible.”
Peter Bakker, President and CEO of WBCSD said: “I am delighted that our new members have agreed to join the WBCSD Executive Committee. Their extensive cross-sectoral experience will be valuable in helping WBCSD in its key objective of transforming the primary economic systems across Energy, Food & Land, Cities and Mobility, and the finance sector through our pioneering Redefining Value programs. I look forward to working closely with each of them as we take further steps to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world.”
The new appointees join existing Executive Committee members:
• Paul Polman, (Chairman) CEO, Unilever
• Ana Botin, Executive Chairman, Banco Santander
• Gavin Patterson, CEO, BT
• Bruno Lafont, Co-Chairman, Lafarge-Holcim
• José Luciano Penido, Chairman, Fibria
• Mr. Masahi Muromachi, President & CEO, Toshiba Corporation
• Takeshi Uchiyamada, Chairman of the Board, Toyota Motor Corporation
• Mr. Cao Yaofeng, Board Director of Sinopec Corp Vice President of China Petrochemical Corporation
• Jean Pierre Clamadieu, Chairman of the Executive Committee and CEO, Solvay
Vishal Sikka, CEO and Managing Director, Infosys Limited, and José Lopez, Former Executive Vice President of Operations (Global) Nestlé, will leave the Executive Committee following the successful completion of their terms on 31 December 2016.
Peter Bakker said: “I would like to pay tribute to José and Vishal for their commitment, guidance and invaluable input during their time as members of the Executive Committee. WBCSD enters 2017 in a strong position thanks to their advice over the terms of their engagement with us. We wish both José and Vishal all the best.”