Boris Garaj, Hartmann Croatia
The Croatian Business Council for Sustainable Development (HR BCSD), an independent non-profit institution, was formed in 1997 by 18 founding members. Among the 39 current members, 19 are from the industrial sector, 9 are representatives of big service industries including tourism, banking and utilities. Moreover we also have the support of small businesses, consulting agencies, expert institutions, one institution from Slovenia as well as one environmental NGO, one media representative and private business school.
- EU funded project “Development of CSR network in Croatia” seminars, portal, case studies;
- National Conference on CSR, opened by the President of the Republic (200 participants);
- Director of Croatian BCSD nominated to the Economic council of the President of the Republic of Croatia as Sustainable Development Expert;
- Promotion of Sustainable Development through quarterly edition "Business and Sustainability;"
- Preparation of CSR Index to rank companies based on their non-financial impacts;
- Educational seminars on CSR practices for business;
- Provide input to the environmental legislation throughout the business sector;
- Building productive partnerships with other business organizations, with NGOs, experts and academia towards sustainable development;
- Promotion of GRI guidelines translated in Croatian;
- Cooperation on ISO 26000 preparation.