Dr. Doan Duy Khuong, Vice Executive President, VCCI
Mr. Gary Schutz, CEO, Holcim Vietnam
Mr. Nguyen Quang Vinh
The Vietnam Business Council for Sustainable Development (VBCSD) was lunched in December 2010 to improve both domestic businesses’ and international joint-ventures’ environmental awareness, and their better contribution to sustainable development in Vietnam according to officials.
- Business leadership – Doing good CSR in terms of society and environment for economic development;
- Policy influence – Dialoguing and providing inputs to government for development of an enabling policy environment including changes in laws, rules, regulations if required;
- Promotion of cooperation and partnership relations between business community and civil society, introducing demonstrating models/projects showing effective cooperation contribute to sustainable development;
- Healthy and sustainable finance – Generating sufficient corporate financial support mechanism to serve the cause of sustainable development;
- Creating models for excellence in sustainable development, piloting models for further replication and multiplication;
- Make annual appraisal book highlighting the efforts, achievements, shortcomings and plan for next year;
- Conducting studies through consultants to assess current scenario, identify benchmarks and gaps, suggest ways and means for improvements.
Groups of activities
- Communications and awareness raising;
- International Cooperation.
- Energy and Climate Change;