BCSD Sri Lanka was set up as a group of corporate members interested in fostering sustainable development in the early part of 2002.
BCSD Sri Lanka works in tandem with the National Chamber of Commerce activities on Environment and Sustainable Development using the Chamber as the facilitating platform.
- Disseminate and share information on sustainable development;
- Assist member companies in addressing sustainable development issues such as CSR and environmental issues;
- Communicate messages through meetings, seminars, workshops, and press statements;
- Carry out project work relating to environment and sustainable development.
- Support Environment and Sustainable Development Goals of the 5 year ‘Mahinda Chintana’ National strategy:
- Encourage industries to gain carbon neutral status;
- Reduce dependence on fossil fuel for energy and improve energy efficiency;
- Support the greening efforts at village level;
- Develop and conduct training programs for the Naval and Aviation Hub;
- Develop and conduct higher education for health services;
- Expand on social responsibility of university academics in economic development.
- Local Vision 2050 work.